InSight Magazine is looking to grow its team for the Summer of 2018 and Fall through Spring of 2018-2019. The publication will be accepting applications on various fronts, including logistics, event planning, marketing, digital media, and content creation. *Course credit available.
We are looking for additions to the following teams:
- Finances and administrative paperwork
- Public Relations
- Outreach, which primarily focuses on the relations between InSight and its audience
- Community service coordination, which plans community service events, campus events and fundraising
- Develops the best strategies for generating consumer interest.
SOCIAL MEDIA COMMITEE
- Create and manage all social media accounts : Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.(Curate live videos, stories, post, and captions.)
- Develop schedule for multiple post a week
- Keep with the aesthetic/brand of InSight Magazine
- Comment, like, and respond to appropriate accounts/questions
- Must be proficient in using WordPress, CSS, and HTML
Roles we are seeking:
- Artists/Art Curator (oversees all art content)
- Videographer (with video-editing experience)
- Graphic Design Artist
DIGITAL FILMMAKING TEAM:
- Digital Filmmaking Students will be responsible for producing video content as supplementary content to support and enhance InSight Magazine. Responsibilities include, pre-production, production, and post-production as well as final delivery for content
- Must be proficient in editing and scheduling/producing
- Must be knowledgeable in key framing
- Must be proficient in Adobe Premiere. Knows how to organize audio/video synchronization workflow, as well as post-sound workflow and sound mixing
- Optional: Proficiency with Premier to DaVinci round trip workflow for coloring and Premiere to Audition round trip workflow for post-sound
As a part of the editorial team, you will evaluate pieces from our in-house content writers and submitters. Our team edits for clarity, grammar, and word-choice. We are seeking interested and capable editors for our team. Editors must be able to:
- Follow strict deadlines
- Pay close attention to detail
- Communicate with assigned writers Meet our editorial standards — which shall be demonstrated in a sample edit below
- Regularly report new ideas for articles to the team
- Those with previous editorial experience preferred.
CONTENT WRITING TEAM
- This is a prioritized and highly requested section, we are seeking writers who can create high-quality written content for the magazine, writers will be assigned a selection of topics to choose from. This position also allows for more independent work.
- This position is dedicated to fact checking and proofreading all content before it is published.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.