A word is dead When it is said, Some say. I say it just begins to live that day. – Emily Dickinson
Writers and artists are free to submit original content that fits in with the themes of InSight, such as narratives, perspectives, opinion, and commentary. Topics of interest include student poverty, incarceration, homelessness and human trafficking. Apart from written pieces, multimedia pieces such as photo essays, videos, infographics or artwork related to poverty also will be considered.
We are looking for articles that run around 1-5 pages in length. However, submissions of any length will be considered as we seek to diversify the work published.
Once submitted, your content will be reviewed by the editorial team. Due to limited space, we are only able to accept a certain number of submissions. If you do not hear from us in 7 days after the deadline, please assume that we will not be able to use your article. At that time, please feel free to offer it elsewhere.
WRiting Submission Guidelines
- If you only have an idea of what you’d like to write, there is an option to submit pitches on the rolling submissions page.
- Ideally, articles that run around 1-5 pages in length, however submissions of any length will be considered.
- Submit in Word format in Times New Roman, 12 pt. font, 2 inch margins.
- File name must include Author’s full name and date of submission. Example: JohnSmith_02-08-17
- Please make sure if your story includes a subject, they sign this InSight Magazine Release Form.
Artwork Submission Guidelines
- Files must be in the format of PNG or JPEG and must include author’s full name and date of submission. Example: JohnSmith_02-08-17
- If submitting photographs, please submit photos that are free of particulars such as watermarks or branding and nothing below 250 ppi of resolution.
- Please note that InSight Magazine reserves the right to reject given imagery, edit submitted imagery, and/or use it’s own imagery.
- Please make sure if you photo includes a subject, they sign this InSight Magazine Release Form.
Our rolling submissions page can be found here.
Any questions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subscribe to our mailing list
InSight has in the past held a call for applications and as our team expands, there will be future opportunities for those interested in joining our team. Updates on such opportunities will be sent our via our newsletter.