The UCI Blum Center for Poverty Alleviation is introducing the Small Change, Better World grant. Small Change, Better World will fund passionate UC Irvine and UC Merced students up to $3,000 on projects relating to impact and social change in line with the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Students can apply by submitting a proposal that should include:
- Project rationale and implementation plan (1 page)
- Describe your proposed project. Include a discussion of why you want to do this project and what problem this project addresses.
- Budget narrative (1 page)
- Additional questions
- Who do you plan to work with (e.g. organization or community leader name) to implement this project? Provide their contact information.
- What category does this project fall under (e.g. Education, Food Systems, Health)?
- Do you have any other funding sources for this project (e.g. GoFundMe)? If so, list them here.
- Will the proposed project be completed within 10-15 weeks of receiving the award?
- Student Bio (name, GPA, major, campus) with photo
For Summer 2018 projects, the proposal portal opens on April 5 and the submission deadline is May 25.